Friday, December 2, 2016

A Christmas Tag | Blogmas Day 2


On the second day of Blogmas
the blogger shared with you:
A Christmas Tag,And a Christmas To-Do list.

Hello, everyone!

Last year I did a different version of the Christmas Tag and this year I’m going to be answering other questions I found over at Imogen’s blog, Imogen’s Typewriter.

Feel free to copy and paste the tag questions, and fill them in yourselves. I’d love to see your answers!

🎄Favorite Christmas movie?
My favorite Christmas movies have to be Call Me Claus, The Santa Clause, Home Alone, and The Rise of the Guardians.

🎅Are you on the Naughty list or the Nice list?
Maybe on the Nice list.

🎄Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake. We don’t really use real pine trees here in Ecuador.
I think the tree we have now is our second tree ever *thinking emoji*. The first one lasted like 12 years, and the one we currently have is about 4 years old.

🎅Hands down, what's your all-time favorite holiday food and holiday sweet treat?
STUFFING! And, for the sweet treat, I love panettone with a cup of hot cocoa.

🎄Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
Let’s be honest here:  we all love receiving gifts. But giving gifts is also something I really, really enjoy. From the moment I’m out buying gifts, to the wrapping process, and then seeing the joy on the person’s face as they open the gift… Yup, I like giving gifts better.

🎅What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
Anywhere in Europe where I could visit tons of Christmas Markets!  You can check the Top 5 European Christmas Markets post I shared last year, and keep your eyes peeled for its second edition!
I’d also really love to visit Disney at Christmas time. The decorations only increase the already existing magic of the place and they also perform a parade and it’s just all so lovely!

🎄Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I think I fall somewhere in between those two haha. I’m not a pro-present wrapper, but at least I get them to look descent. Or at least that’s what I think…

🎅Most memorable Holiday moment?
I remember that, during the family get-togethers when I was a child, we used to sing Christmas carols before opening our presents. Although my favorite memory is not that particular action, but the high amount of happiness and excitement everyone felt during that time.

🎄What made you realize the truth about Santa?
I never really believed in Santa, you know? My parents did try to make me believe at first, though! They’d always tell me to go to sleep so Santa could come and deliver the gifts, but I’ve never been much of a sleeper. So I’d just stay awake and watch, through the window, as my dad took the gifts from the trunk of his car to inside the house.

🎅Have you ever had a White Christmas?
No 😞. We don’t have snow here in Ecuador.
But I would really like to experience one!

🎄Where do you usually spend your holiday?
When I was younger, all Christmas Eve’s dinners used to be at my grandparents’ house. Now, the gatherings are at my house or at my uncle’s.

🎅Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
My family has the tradition of having a dinner during Christmas Eve, but we begin giving presents after midnight, so it’s technically already Christmas. So the answer would be no, we open them during the wee hours of Christmas Day.

🎄What makes the Holidays special for you?
It really is all about getting reunited with the family, sharing together, having a good dinner, catching up with the relatives you don’t get to see very often and spreading the joy of the season.

🎅Do you like to stay in your PJ’s, or dress up for Christmas?
I like dress up for our Christmas Eve dinners. But I like to spend Christmas day in comfy clothes!

🎄It's Christmas time. What are you reading?
Well, I’m currently reading Attachments by Rainbow Rowell but, as soon as I finish it, I’ll pick up A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

🎅White lights, or colored lights?
White lights!
I mean, I do like to use colored lights because they bring more, well, color to the decoration. But white lights look so simple yet so freaking gorgeous and elegant!

🎄When do you usually know and feel that it's finally the holidays?
I actually start listening to Christmas songs in September…  And thinking about the Christmas dinner and gifts’ list by mid-October… So you could say I get into the Christmas mood like three months before it’s actually Christmas.

What can I say? I just really love Christmas!

And that’s it for today’s post! I hope you enjoyed reading Tag, although I must admit that it was long one!

So tell me, dear reader:

What do you love the most about Christmas?

Lots of Love,


Salha

1 comment:

  1. Well haven't I missed you!
    Is it weird that I attempted to sing that first part? What will the blogger share with us on the third day?!?!
    Where do you begin to draw the line between naughty and nice, though? Because it depends (if you know what I mean) hahahaha

    To answer your question, it has been a while since Christmas felt like it should. As the family grows older, everyone gets married and it tends to grow apart as well. But I have to admit that around early december, it started to feel like the real deal. Ordering gifts, decorating the house (although my dad is the one who decorates... I like to sit back and enjoy the show), thinking about all the different ways I'll be eating potatoes... Yeah, it's lit. Hopefully it'll be great *hmm emoji*

    I hope you enjoy the holiday season with your loved ones!

    Love,
    Majo

    ReplyDelete