Thursday, October 13, 2016

The Harry Potter Tag


Hello, everyone!

Today I’m sharing with you the Harry Potter Tag, the perfect tag for all the Potterheads around the world!

This tag was created by the lovely Danielle, from Underland to Wonderland. I found it while searching through the blogosphere for a Tag where everyone is nominated and I’m so glad I found this one!

Danielle tagged all Potterheads to do this Tag so, here I am! Two years later but oh, well… Better late than never, right?

Let’s get on with the questions, shall we?

1. What is your favorite book?

Ugh, this is a tough one. I’m torn between Philosopher’s Stone and Prisoner of Azkaban.

I love Philosopher’s Stone because it’s the introduction to this whole new world, the introduction to the characters, to all the magic. And every time I re-read this first book, I feel welcomed back to this world that opened its doors to me when I was just a child.

But I also love Prisoner of Azkaban because I was introduced to some of my favorite characters from the whole series, like Professor R. J. Lupin and Sirius Black. We also get introduced to the Marauders’ Map, the time-turner, Buckbeak, and Hogsmeade!

2. What is your favourite film?

Prisoner of Azkaban!

I love Prisoner of Azkaban’s film for the same reasons I loved the book, plus I think they did a wonderful job by casting Gary Oldman as Sirius Black and David Thewlis as Remus Lupin. They were perfect for the roles!


3. What is your least favourite book?

I guess it could be Chamber of Secrets. It’s a bit of a weak link. I mean, there are very important aspects in it, like the corruption in the Ministry and we learn that magic can be abused.

I also felt a bit “ehhh” about Harry’s attitudes in books 4 and 5, but I guess it’s understandable because he’s going through some pretty confusing events.

4. What is your least favourite film?

Chamber of Secrets.
Don’t ask me why, I just don’t feel as thrilled about this book/film as I do about the others.


5. Parts of the books/ films that make you cry.

It really, really depends on my mood at the time of reading/watching them.

Sometimes I wouldn’t even cry about my favorite characters’ deaths, and some other times I would have to fight back tears as the title of Philosopher’s Stone pops up on the screen.

It’s all a bit complicated.

6. If you could hook up with any character, who would it be?

To be honest, none.

7. Who is your favourite character?

I can’t pic just one. That’s impossible.

Apart from the Golden Trio, my favorite characters are: Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, Minerva McGonagall, Molly Weasley, Nymphadora (Don’t call me Nymphadora) Tonks, Fred & George Weasley, Hagrid, Luna Lovegood, and Neville Longbottom. And Lee Jordan and Seamus Finnigan. And Dobby.

8. Who is your least favourite character?

Umbridge.

Nope, not Voldemort. My least favorite character is Dolores Umbridge. Yep, I don’t even have to give a thought.


Just look at that evil grin! I hate that evil woman!

I think it’s safe to assume that we all hate Umbridge much more than we hate poor old Lordy Voldy, am I right?

9. What is your least favourite line?

One of the lines that make me cringe is: “I killed Sirius Black, I killed Sirius Black”, said by none other than Sirius’ own cousin, Bellatrix Lestrange.

10. What would your patronus be?

I took the Patronus test on Pottermore and I got a Ragdoll Cat!

But while taking other Patronus quizzes, I’ve gotten a Stag, a Horse, and I think I even got a dog at some point.

11. If you could have the Resurrection Stone, Invisibility Cloak or Elder Wand, which would it be?

Invisibility Cloak, obviously!
If you got the message on the tale of The Three Brothers, then you’ll know that this one is the obvious answer.


12. Which house would you be in?

GRYFFINDOR!
I got sorted into Gryffindor on Pottermore, as well as in other House Sorting quizzes.

13. If you could meet any member of the cast, who would it be?

I’d love to meet Emma Watson, Maggie Smith, Gary Oldman, Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes, and the late Alan Rickman.



14. If you were on the Quidditch team, which position would you play?

Hmmm *thinking emoji*

Maybe a Seeker? I guess? If I really had to choose one, that is.
If not, I’m happy with just watching from the stands. I’m not a sporty person.

15. Were you happy with the ending?

Yes and no.

I mean, it was nice that none of the main three died and that a new beginning was found after the war. But I hated the fact that so many characters died!

And, as authors love us readers so much, they go and kill our favorite characters… Thanks for that!

16. How much does Harry Potter mean to you?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

Harry Potter is my past, my present, and my future. Honestly, Harry Potter has been a huge part of my life, in both books and films. Every time I re-read the books or re-watch the films I get this warm feeling of being welcomed to this magical world.

With Harry Potter, it doesn’t feel as if you’re reading a story. It feels as if you are part of it. And that’s why I love it so much.


I  tag:

Pamela, from A Writer’s Tale
Laura, from Beautiful Books
Anna, from Annaish
Marian, from Ivory Clouds

The Paperback Girl, from The Paperback Blog


And anyone who would like to do this tag!

Don’t forget to leave the link to your post in the comments section!

Lots of Love,


Salha

5 comments:

  1. Oh My God- Prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite film and book too! Isn't it just so freaking amazing?! And Remus and Sirius, and Buckbean and oh the Marauder's Map!!! Too much love.
    I pretty much hugely agree with every one of your answers. I, myself, am a Ravenclaw and my patronus on Pottermore is a black swan. I Love how you incorporated the quote "my past, my present, and my future" in your last answer, how very Potterhead of you :D
    Thanks so much for the nomination. I am super excited to do it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!? Prisoner of Azkaban is amazing!
      Can't wait to read your post! Don't forget to share the link :)

      Delete
  2. Great post! Like you, my favorite book is the Prisoner of Azkaban (the maraudersssss!!) but my favorite movie(s) are the last two. I'm a Ravenclaw (yay!) but my Pottermore patronus is a buffalo. :/ Again, great post and thanks for tagging me!

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for tagging me! I finally got around to writing up the post ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for accepting the Tag!
      I'll check your post right now :)

      Delete