Thursday, October 27, 2016

My Favorite Disney Channel Halloween Movies

Hello, everyone!

With Halloween just around the corner, I can’t stop thinking about all these Halloween movies I used to watch when I was a kid. I remember I even got scared while watching Hocus Pocus, can you believe that!?

But easily-scared Salha is long gone, and now I can watch actual scary movies without even flinching *feels proud*. Well… That can be a bit creepy depending on how you feel about scary movies haha.

Aaanyway, here are some of my favorite Disney Channel Halloween movies!

1.- Halloweentown


After 13-year-old Marnie fights with her mom about not being allowed to celebrate Halloween for unknown reasons, her grandmother, who she rarely gets to see, arrives for her annual visit on Halloween night. But when Marnie overhears her grandmother and mother talking about the fact that she's a witch, she and her siblings follow their grandmother to her bus headed for Halloweentown. After their arrival, they show up at their grandmother's house and try and help her solve the mysterious disappearances that have happened recently. They come to find that Halloweentown's mayor, Kalabar, is responsible, and they use their powers (along with their mother's, who eventually comes to her senses) to defeat him.

I remember I used to watch this film over and over, and I imagined how cool it would be to have a witch grandma like Aggie.

2.- Hocus Pocus

After moving to Salem, Mass., teenager Max Dennison explores an abandoned house with his sister Dani and their new friend, Allison. After dismissing a story Allison tells as superstitious, Max accidentally frees a coven of evil witches who used to live in the house. Now, with the help of a magical cat, the kids must steal the witches' book of spells to stop them from becoming immortal.

I LOVE Hocus Pocus. This one’s my favorite from all the films mentioned in this post!
I can watch it over and over now, but I remember that that zombie man with the stitched mouth made me want to hide under the blankets while watching this movie! It was awful! And how he cut his mouth open with that pocketknife… Just ew. Ew ew ew ew ew ew.

3.- Twitches

Two witches, Apolla and Artemis, were adopted at birth but meet again on their 21st birthday. After realizing their magical powers, they come to find that their homeworld of Coventry needs their help against dark forces. They join forces to restore their home and reunite with their birth mother.

I feel like this one is a grown-up, Halloween-ish version of The Parent Trap, don’t you think?
It’s my least favorite from my favorite Disney Halloween films, but it’s still a favorite.

4.- Return to Halloween Town

Marnie decides to go to college at Halloweentown University, where she hopes to learn more about using her powers. But when she realizes that the school only teaches boring things like history and doesn't allow students to use magic, she's heartbroken. But after finding a box with her family's name on it in the school's dungeon, Marnie travels back in time to find out what's inside. She learns that it contains an amulet, which give the person wearing it the power to control anyone, something witches are forbidden to do. Marnie pretends to destroy the amulet, but actually saves it for her brother, Dylan, as he is the only one she trusts to look after it.

I know some people felt a little disappointed about the change of the main actress, but it wasn’t a big deal for me. I enjoyed it anyway!
I think the first and last movies from the Halloweentown saga were my favorites.


And these are my Top 4 Disney Halloween movies!

Have you watched any of them?
Which are your favorite Halloween movies by Disney?

Lots of Love,


Salha

No comments:

Post a Comment