Wednesday, September 28, 2016

September Book Haul | The Physical Books


Hello, everyone!

Today I’m sharing with you the first part of my September book haul, which includes the physical books I got during the month.

I got a total of five physical books during this month. And I also bought five books to gift to my mom, dad, and aunt, but those won’t be pictured here.

These are the books I got:

1.- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts 1 & 2, by J. K. Rowling, Jack Thorne,and John Tiffany: this book was gifted to me by a very dear friend of mine, alongside a t-shirt with a Deathly Hallows print on it! I’ve read so many mixed reviews about this book, so I’ll get to it with an open mind. But, honestly, I can’t wait to read it!

2.- A Christmas Carol and Other Holiday Treasures, by Charles Dickens: I love everything Christmas, so when I spotted this gorgeous Word Cloud Canterbury Classic I knew I had to have it. Isn’t the cover gorgeous? I think I’ll start collecting these word cloud classics.

3.- Carry On, by Rainbow Rowell: I’ve read that this book is like a Harry Potter fanfic and some readers complain about that a bit. However, it has wonderful reviews! It has magic, vampires, lgbt+ characters, romance, and drama… I really can’t wait to read it!

4.- Attachments, by Rainbow Rowell: okay, so the description of the book makes it sound a bit creepy. Like, there’s an unknown man reading this girl’s emails and he falls in love with her just like that. Despite that weird description, this book has so many great reviews. Readers say it’s a cute story and the characters feel very real, so I thought I should give it a try.

5.- The Fault in our Stars, by John Green: I got this gorgeous Spanish edition at the International Book Fair here in my city. I haven’t read this book yet; I’ve only watched the movie, so I thought it was appropriate for me to get it. I really love the colors of the cover, and it looks gorgeous with and without the dust jacket.

Those are all the books I got for myself /was gifted during September and the books I bought to gift to my family were:

1.- For my dad: I got him a BBQ book, that contains tips and tricks for delicious BBQ’s, salads, and dressings; and a wine guide.

2.- For my mom: I got her a Mafalda mini comic book, by argentinean cartoonist Quino; and Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.

3.- For my aunt: I got her a book by Spanish writer Elsa Punset. The book is called El Libro de las Pequeñas Revoluciones (The Book of Small Revolutions), and it’s about learning how to control every day’s stress.

And that’s it for my physical books’ haul! Don’t forget to check the blog on Friday for the second part of this book haul: The eBooks and ARCs.

What books have you got this month?

Lots of Love,

Salha

7 comments:

  1. I still have to read Carry On, so let me know if it's any good when you do get around to reading it. Also, that cover of The Fault in Our Stars is to die for. It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know my thoughts on it as soon as I read it :)
      The plot sounds promising, so I really hope it doesn't disappoint.

      Delete
  2. *Physical by Olivia Newton-John plays in the background*

    That dear friend of yours sounds lovely! I think whoever gifts books deserves a place in paradise. Like you! You gifted books to three people this month. If you keep it up, by addition, when you reach the start of your next life paradise is going to be all yours hahahaha

    Does this mean that there will potentially be more book reviews coming in the future? *devil emoji* *heart eyes emoji* I sure hope so!

    Take care, will you?
    -Majo

    Ps: "Attachments" by Rainbow Rowell sounds waaay too creepy, where do you find these books? *laughing emoji* Hopefully you'll enjoy reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Props for the Olivia Newton-John's reference! I cried with laughter when I finally got it! (Yeah, I'm a bit slow at getting some references... Don't judge me...) *laughs*

      My friend is lovely, indeed! She deserves a place in paradise!

      And, yes! More books mean more reviews to come! Also, I'll let you know my thoughts on Attachments as soon as I finish reading it!

      Take care!

      Delete
  3. OMG what a haul!! You've got yourself some really great books, but I think you should TOTALLY read TFiOS first! The movie was )okay) IMO, but the book was SO GOOD. I hope you love it! Cursed Child, well, I'm going to be really biased and say I loved it despite it not being the usual Rowling magic (but then, I'm always biased when it comes to HP so you should probably not take my opinion into account)... Just go into it with an open mind and do consider the fact that it's not in the format we are used to reading HP. It's a play after all :D Great post, Salha! Looking forward to your next book haul post!

    Ruzaika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation!

      I think we are all a little biased when it comes to Harry Potter! I'm aware that it will not be the usual Rowling magic, but I can't stop myself for getting excited about this book :D. Still, I'll definitely go into it with an open mind.

      Delete
  4. These all look lovely! I'll admit, Carry On isn't the best book ever, but I still love it, and it's my comfort book for whenever I'm feeling down ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete