Friday, August 5, 2016

Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts

Source.

Hello, everyone!

A couple of months ago I got a donut pan and I was dying to try it! So I searched for baked donuts recipes on Pinterest… THERE WERE SO MANY! I DIDN’T KNOW WHICH ONE TO TRY! I ended up choosing a simple recipe: Cinnamon Sugar Donuts.

They were light and fluffy, and just so delicious! I planned on taking pictures of them the next morning, because I baked them late in the afternoon so the lighting wasn’t good, but the donuts were long gone by then…

This recipe makes 6 donuts.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup flour
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup buttermilk (homemade buttermilk recipe)
1 egg
1 Tbsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla

For topping:
3 Tbsp melted butter
1/2 cup sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon (mixed together)

Instructions:
1. Whisk together flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla. Add to the dry mixture and stir till just combined.
3. Spoon batter into a well-greased or a non-stick donut pan. Divide the batter evenly into the six donut wells so the donuts will bake evenly. And remember to fill the wells only about 3/4 full or the holes will close up while baking.
4. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 11-12 minutes. Let cool for a couple minutes, and then remove to cooling racks. While still warm, brush all sides of each donut with melted butter, then dip in the cinnamon sugar mixture till well coated.

Let me know down in the comments if you decide to try out this recipe!

Lots of Love,

Salha 

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh these look incredible! I suddenly feel like I really need a Donut pan in my life! x

    Small&Blonde♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend you to get one! There are so many recipes to try!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know a donut pan was a thing. I didn't know baked donuts were a thing. My mind is a little blown to be honest XD

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baked donuts ARE a thing! There are hundreds of different recipes on Pinterest!

      Delete
  3. They look delicious! I think I'll try making one, though I'm not sure there is a thing such as donut pan in my country.
    xTiara
    http://awaveofvellichor.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete