Wednesday, July 20, 2016

My Life in Books Tag


Hello, everyone!

It’s been a long time since I posted anything on here, 4 ½ months to be precise, and I’ve been thinking about getting back into it. And today is the day, ladies and gents!

I was doing my weekly blog reading and I stumbled upon this bookish Tag post on Hannah’s blog, One World, Too Many Pages, and I thought I’d give a try.

So here it is, the “My Life in Books” Tag. Enjoy :)

1.- Find a book for each of your initials
My initials are SAM, and I’m going to choose books from my “Read” list.
S – Sherlock Holmes: A Study in Scarlet, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
A – All The Bright Places, by Jennifer Niven.
M – Mrs. Dalloway, by Virginia Woolf.

2.- Count your age along your bookshelf: What book is it?
And Then There Were None, by Agatha Christie. A dear friend of mine gave me this book for my birthday and I’m really looking forward to reading it. I’ve heard so many great things about the Queen of Crime; I really can’t believe that I haven’t read any of her books yet… Shame on you, Salha, shame on you.

3.- Pick a book set in your city/country
“Las Cruces Sobre el Agua” (Crosses Above The Water) is a book set in my city. I haven’t read it yet, but it narrates the events occurred during a massacre that happened in 1922. It all began with a strike, and the Ecuadorian President of that time gave the order to the military forces to ease the “chaos” by whatever means necessary. Thousands of workers were killed that day and their bodies were tossed into the city’s river, hence the name Crosses Above The Water.

4.- Pick a book that represents a destination you’d love to travel to
I’ve always wanted to go to England and Scotland, so I think I’m going to pick the Harry Potter books for this one.

5.- Pick a book that’s your favorite color
I don’t really have a favorite color… But I really like how the different shades of blue and gloomy skies look on the cover of All The Light We Cannot See.

6.- Which book do you have the fondest memories of?
Oh, boy… Harry Potter all the way.
I really, really like this series. It brings magic back into my life and makes me feel warm every time I reread it. I don’t think I’ll ever get over this series, and I know a lot of Potterheads will back me up in this!

7.- Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?
Canada, by Richard Ford.
I took me weeks to get past half of it, and I couldn’t even finish it. It’s the only book I haven’t finished in my entire life. I didn’t like it at all.

8.- Which book in your TBR pile will give you the biggest accomplishment when you finish it?
This is a tough one…
I don’t have a straight answer for this. There are so many wonderful books I haven’t read and I’m pretty sure all of them will give me a big sense of accomplishment when I finish them.

I'm tagging:

Pamela Nicole, A Writer's Tales
Olivia & Kenzie, Brewing Up Books

Don’t forget to share the link to your post in the comments below!

Lots of Love,


Salha

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back! I've haven't been blogging as much lately, either.

    One World, Too Many Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool tag! Woah, only one unfinished book ever -- that's so impressive. I frequently get out books from the library which I'm not sure I like and then just end up abandoning them if I don't enjoy them haha. Thanks so much for tagging me! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :)

      Don't forget to share the link to your post here in the comments section!

      Delete