Monday, December 21, 2015

Wreck This Journal


Hello, everyone!

I have a Wreck This Journal! Well, actually, I’ve had it for over two months now but I recently began to wreck it.

For those who haven’t heard about the Wreck This Journal, it’s an illustrated book by Keri Smith that features a subversive collection of prompts, asking readers to muster up their best mistake- and mess-making abilities to fill (and sometimes destroy) the pages of the book.

The prompts go from an innocent “Color outside the lines” to a bit dangerous “Burn this page”. The good thing is that the instructions are open to interpretation, so you might not end up actually burning a page of this Journal.

My Wreck This Journal was originally the black one but, as you can see on the picture above, I’ve already “wrecked” the cover.

I’m going to make good use of this three-week vacation and I’ll try to wreck this journal the best way I can.

Do you have a Wreck This Journal?
How is/was your wrecking experience?

Lots of Love,


- Salha -

10 comments:

  1. I love seeing Wreck This Journals! You should post some of the pages. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! I'll be sharing some of the pages as I progress with them :)

      Delete
  2. I can only imagine what it'll look like when your vacation ends :P
    A friend of mine once had a Wreck This Journal years ago. There was this one page that had something to do with water, but he didn't want to do that one in the school hall (he brought it to school every day) because it would get too messy. Then this other friend grabbed the journal and started licking the page. When she was done, she said: 'Now we've done that one too.' It was both disgusting and funny at the same time XD

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!
      I'm both excited and worried about how things will turn out. I hope it all goes well!

      Yeah, there are two pages involving water: Float This Page, and Bring This Book In The Shower With You... Both just as daring... I'm still trying to figure out what I'll do with them :P . But your friend's idea was funny :'D

      Delete
  3. Ok this is literally genius!I get to mess stuff up and end up with a work of art??Pure Glory!!So glad to have ended up here. :-)

    http://nownotforever.blogspot.co.ke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it!

      I definitely recommend you to get this Journal :)

      Delete
  4. I'd absolutely love a Wreck This Journal, but I haven't tried one yet.

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's really fun!
      It really lets you explore all your "destructive" creativity :)

      Delete
  5. I would love to have a Wreck This Journal. Your cover looks really cute! Happy New Year, Isabella x

    http://isafashionebella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should get one! It's fun, I really recommend it :). And thank you so much!

      Happy New Year!

      Delete