Thursday, December 10, 2015

Finals/Mid-Terms Week

Hello, everyone!

This following week is Mid-Terms Week in my college, and I'm pretty sure it's Finals Week for most of you guys!

This has been a stressful week since Sunday, as I began reviewing my notes and reading material to prepare myself for the exams.

Something we tend to do during Finals, whether we are in college or in high school, is pulling all-nighters to learn everything we couldn’t learn during the whole semester or sometimes we do something worse, like trying to fit the whole semester into our brains a couple of hours before the exam (I did that a couple of times during high school… It’s not something I’m very proud of :/ ).

Pulling all-nighters is something I don’t recommend to any of you; I know that you have to study, I know you have to learn everything but, because of the lack of sleep, your brain will be extremely tired the next morning, causing a poor performance during the exam and you’ll probably forget a lot of what you read, as you won’t be completely lucid.

Some advices I would like to give you for your Finals Week are:

  • Begin to study the week before your Finals begin (a.k.a Dead Week), or even a couple of weeks before. You can review your notes the day before the exam, but just review them, DON’T pull ALL-NIGHTERS.
  • Don’t try to absorb a whole book in one week. Review your notes and only re-read the most important parts or the most difficult ones.
  • Take breaks during a study session; it’s not good for your brain to be overloaded with information for many hours in a row. The best way to study is to do so for 50 minutes, then take a 10 to 20 minutes break, and then go back to study for 50 minutes more.
  • Sleep well during Finals Week; you don’t want to be walking around college/high school looking like a book-eater zombie.


I begin my exams next week on Tuesday, and I'm already nervous about them... I'm only a bit worried about a couple of specific subjects, but I hope I do well in all of them.

Let me know how you deal with Finals in the comments!


And good luck to everyone who is going through Finals or Mid-Terms at the moment!

Lots of Love,

- Salha -

5 comments:

  1. Good luck for your exams!
    I have the habit of studying during the night so what I usually do is take power naps for 15-20 minutes,then get back up and resume studying. It's always worked for me.

    -Kathie K
    A Sea Change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!

      And, wow! Don't you feel tired the next day? I definitely would, even with those power naps...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I cope? "Aaaaah, panic, omg what am I to dooooooo?" But that's not really the best way to go about it!
    Thanks for the list

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha :)

      I tend to do the same... I panic because I procrastinate a lot! Procrastinating is not good, even less during examination time!

      Delete