Wednesday, December 30, 2015

2016 Resolutions


As the end of the year draws closer, it’s time to write down our New Year’s resolutions.

Whether you actually make a list or just start thinking about the things you could change this New Year, setting achievable goals tends to motivate us for the New Year that’s coming.

I wrote down 20 (realistic) resolutions that I would like to achieve during 2016.

Actually follow through on a New Year’s resolution. This is the first and most important resolution. There’s no point in setting goals if you’re not even going to try to achieve them.

Finish the things I start.

Be more confident of myself and the things I love. This also includes taking more chances.

Speak louder. I’ve always spoken in a low voice because I’m a very shy person, but this is only worse for me because I have to repeat what I said twice…

Meet new people. Get out more, try new things.

Learn a new language.

Get my driver’s license. Yes, I’m 19 and I still don’t know how to drive…

Eat healthier. This is a typical resolution, I know, but I actually have to accomplish this because eating Burger King, pizza, or KFC twice a week isn’t healthy at all!

Have a walk at least three times a week. Because eating junk food twice a week isn’t enough, I don’t do any physical activity either. I spend too much time sitting at work and at Uni, and that’s not good for my heart, my back, or my bum.

No iPod, cellphone, or computer after 8pm. Really, I just want to reduce my usage of technology a bit.

Keep the blog active. I know that this contradicts the previous resolution, but I really need to get more serious with the blogging.

Say yes more often to hanging out with friends. I’m an indoors person, I love staying in my house watching films, replying letters, and whatnot, but I feel like I have to be a bit more social and hangout with my friends more often, maybe go to the movies or out for a meal.

Begin MMA training. I’ve been postponing this for the whole year, but I found a really cool place where they teach all kinds of martial arts and I’m going to get started with it this new year for sure.

Bake something at least once a month (cookies, cupcakes, muffins, cakes…)

Start writing in a journal. Write at least three entries per week.

Work on my Wreck This Journal once a week.

Start a recipe journal. I already have a lot of recipes from the webs and from magazines, so I just have to start putting them all together.

Keep a journal of the books I read. I want to highlight quotes and opinions.

Read 2 or 3 books a month. That’s kind of what I did this year; I read a total of 25 books!

Keep up with snail mailing. I began to exchange letters with my pen pals in June and I’ve had a lot of fun doing it! At the moment, I have five pen pals with whom I’ve exchanged a few letters: 2 from the USA, 1 from North Wales, 1 from Poland, and 1 from Germany. Contact me on any of my social media if you’re interested in snail mailing!

And these are all my resolutions for this New Year… I hope I achieve them all, or at least most of them haha

What are your goals for 2016?

Lots of Love,


- Salha -

2 comments:

  1. This post made me want to get off my butt and write my own resolutions! I think the 'no phone after 8 pm' is genius, and I'm totally adapting that as my own. Having 3 walks a week is also the best thing in the world - that's been one of my habits for a while and they do wonders not only for you physical health, but also for your mental and emotional well-being. We'd also love to see posts about your new journals! Happy new year, Salha!

    Andrea | Collars and Bones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you could find motivation in this post!

      Happy New Year, Andrea!

      Delete