Monday, November 30, 2015

The Small World of Blogging


Hello, everyone!

I know the Blogging World isn’t small at all, as there are over than 200 million of blogs on the Internet nowadays!

I’m talking about the fact that we are a united community, I mean, sometimes I’m reading a post on a random blog and decide to click on a link left by a random commenter and, while reading the commenter’s blog, I find comments from blogs that I also read very often and that have also left comments on my blog!

Bigger blogs with more than 10 thousand followers commenting on blogs with around 100 followers. A small blog I recently found hosting a guest-post on another small blog, which happens to be one of my favorites…

… All this makes me feel, somehow, happier. It’s like almost every blog is interconnected with other blogs by followers in common, or even by a simple comment left by a random person who also happened to comment on other blog.

And then, there are also these blog Awards, like the Liebster, the Lovely Blog Award, etc., that just brings the whole blogging community together and also helps to spread the word about new blogs; the excitement you feel when you get nominated for one; and then, the excitement you get while waiting for your nominees to answer your questions.

I don’t know… You might think that I’m a little bit crazy for thinking this way.


Have you ever felt this way about blogging?

Lots of Love,

- Salha -

8 comments:

  1. Totally! I sometimes think the community can be compared to a family. I heard somewhere that if you go back 7 generations - we are all related, and I think it is like that with blogging!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!

      It's really nice to be part of this community :)

      Delete
  2. I agree! Blogging is like building a social community except it's better in the sense that we get to talk about everything, or whatever we want to and everyone just hears you out and give their opinions. It's not like that in real life where saying everything you want to say about a subject- let alone successfully getting your point across- is near impossible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true!

      In the blogging world you can talk about the topics that interest you, and share opinions with other people more freely than in face-to-face conversations.

      Delete
  3. Being part of the community has become my favorite part of blogging. Some of my blog buddies have become great friends in real life too and no matter where I go, I'll always find Catalina Blue back in the comment section :P
    Awesome post, I think a lot of people think the same way. It's great to hear someone say it out loud :)

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's certainly a small blogging world if I found someone else from Ecuador, let alone Guayaquil running a cool books-and-else blog! Hola!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola!

      It is small indeed!

      I found you through the Teenage Blogger Central, under the category of Ecuador (although they wrote "ecaudor"...).

      Delete
    2. -_- For some reason, not surprised lol. Hope you're enjoying the holiday!

      Delete