Saturday, October 17, 2015

Things That Make Me Happy #2: Books


Hello, everyone!

As some of you might have noticed, I love to read!

I’m so glad I’ve finally retaken reading as a hobby this year, as I’ve been away from it for a very long time… And I deeply regret it.

I remember that, when I was a child, my parents would buy the reading books that I’d be needing for the school year and I’d read them as soon as I had them in my hands. Then, I’d read them again throughout the school year as the teachers requested. Finally, after the school year was over, I would read them over again until my parents bought the new reading books for the following year.

Yeah… I was that kid in school…

As high school years went by, I lost the habit of reading. The reading books sent by teachers were extremely boring and I just couldn’t get myself through them. And my parents wouldn’t buy me other books aside from those because books are very expensive here in Ecuador (paperback books, say as short as John Green books, cost around $24 USD).

2015 is the year of retaking this hobby and I’m glad I finally did it. I’ve read 21 books so far and I’m a couple of books ahead on my Goodreads Challenge. Although this might not be too much, as some of my Goodreads friends have already read +100 books!

My favorite genres are: Classic, Fantasy, Dystopian, Young Adult, and New Adult.

Here’s a link to my Goodreads account, in case any of you would like to add me: salhavam

What’s your favorite book?


Lots of Love,

- Salha -

No comments:

Post a Comment