Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Avengers: Age of Ultron


First of all, let me tell you that I’m a huge Marvel fan! I love everything Marvel (except from Hulk’s solo films… But I love him in Avengers!), so I always keep high expectations for their new movies. Luckily, I’ve never left the movie theater feeling disappointed, and Age of Ultron was no exception.

Spoiler Alert! Read at your own risk.

From Hawkeye introducing his family to the Veronica (Hulkbuster) trying to calm Hulk down to the creation of Ultron: I loved every single scene of this film. The only negative thing is that, in my opinion, they used slow-motion scenes too much… And Pietro (Quicksilver) died too quickly…

Another thing that broke my heart was seeing Scarlet Witch’s role being taken by Elizabeth Olsen. I have nothing against her, though, she’s a wonderful actress and she played the role just perfectly. I even adored the accent! The thing is… I’ve always wanted to play Scarlet Witch!

Allow me to explain:

As I said before, I’ve always loved Marvel so, back in 2012, when I was watching the first Avengers’ film and I saw that Black Widow was included in it, I thought: “Alright. That’s nice! They included Black Widow! Now, I’m gonna play Scarlet Witch in the next film.”

And there was me, in 2015, watching the trailer of Age of Ultron and telling to myself: “Please, don’t be Scarlet Witch, don’t be Scarlet Witch.” But I knew that was her… *sigh* … Okay, I’ll be Tigra then… I just hope they don’t use that character in Avengers: Infinity War.

Now, let’s get back to the review.

I loved how Stark was portrayed in this film! He was funnier, wittier, and more sarcastic. Anyone noticed his little “Yay” early in the film? I just love this character too much. Robert Downey Jr. does a great work.

In AOU we get some insight of Natasha’s and Thor’s past, which allows us to understand these characters better. I also liked how Dr. Bruce Banner was presented in this film: he could be angry Hulk at any time, but then he could also be an almost naked and defenseless Bruce, all covered up with a blanket and rolled up in a corner of the plane.

One thing that I would’ve liked to see is Wanda and Pietro being named by their superhero names: Scarlet Witch, and Quicksilver. I don’t know why they weren’t named like this in the film, but alright, there’s nothing I can do about it.

In case you haven’t watched the film but decided to read this whole review until the very end, even though I warned you about the spoilers, here’s the trailer of Avengers: Age of Ultron. Enjoy!


- Salha -

No comments:

Post a Comment