Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Punta Carnero, Ecuador - 2014 & 2015


I spent one weekend in Punta Carnero back in 2014, and it was incredible! I had a really good time with my great-uncle, great-aunt, cousin and his fiancée, my dad and my brother, plus I made a new friend: my cousin’s parakeet called Pepita, she was so cute!

We arrived to the beach on Saturday afternoon, around 3pm. We had lunch: fried fish, rice, green banana chips and a lettuce, tomato, carrots and avocado salad. For dessert, there were different fruits but I chose banana and strawberries.

La Chocolatera


An hour after we had lunch, my dad, my brother and I went to ‘La Chocolatera’ in Salinas. It is said that there’s a place in ‘La Chocolatera’ where, if a wave hits too hard, the water just flies up like a geyser… I wasn’t fortunate enough to see that, though. We also went to ‘La Lobería’, a rocky cay where the defeated sea-wolves (or South American sea lions) from Perú go to recover themselves after failing to secure their territory and herms.

La Lobería
We went back to my great-uncle’s house in Punta Carnero (Note: from Punta Carnero to Salinas it’s just a 20-minutes ride) and we began preparing pizza! Well… I wasn’t involved in the preparation process as I was baby-sitting Pepita… She’s such a cutie! Anyways, there were four pizzas and we made two of cheese, ham, salami and green & black olives, and two of cheese, ham, tomato, pepper and basil. They were baked in a brick oven and they were delish! The fact that they were baked in a brick oven makes them taste different and better… Ugh, my mouth is watering.





I  also spent a weekend of February 2015 at this beautiful beach, because my cousin was getting married there.


I stayed in a small hotel called Las Palmas del Mar, which is owned by John and Heather Schmidt, and is a house with three bedrooms that you can rent. Each bedroom has its own theme: mine was the Phoenix Room. All rooms have their own private bathroom with shower, a closet with a small safe vault, balcony (with a view to the beach or to the pool area of the hotel), a queen size bed with a Memory Foam mattress brought from the US, and an A/C.


The hotel was located right in front of the beach so I could hear the sea waves all day/night long and the view of the sunset was wonderful.



They also have two lovely Golden Retrievers called Annabel and Josie.



Lots of Love,

- Salha -

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Salha! It looks like a very stunning place, I hope you had a great time, too!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I did have a great time, and I really like going there to spend some time with the family :)

      Delete
  2. Those are really nice pictures! Pepita looks adorable ♥
    Love when you make these posts sharing your travel experiences :D

    -Kathie K
    A Sea Change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathie!
      I'm glad you like these kind of posts :)

      Delete
  3. gosh, the shots of the sky and the waves hitting the rocks are just stunning! the dogs and pepita look so sweet. btw what camera do you use?

    - http://thatcrazygiraffe.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment!
      The camera I use is the one of my iPod 5. Sadly, I don't own any professional camera but, hopefully, I will get one someday.

      Delete
  4. gosh, the shots of the sky and the waves hitting the rocks are just stunning! the dogs and pepita look so sweet. btw what camera do you use?

    - http://thatcrazygiraffe.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete