Monday, September 7, 2015

A Warm Welcome


Hello, everyone! And welcome to The Journeys of a Girl.

My name is Salha, I’m 19 years old, and I’m from Ecuador.

Some of you might know me by now, as this is not the first blog I run: I used to run the blog called Salha|Abuhayar, from September 2014 until early 2015; also, the blog A Lazy Bookworm, from November 2014 until early 2015; and the former version of The Journeys of a Girl, from March 2015 until a month ago.

I know you might be wondering why have I been so inconsistent with my blogs but, before I explain that, I would like to thank all those who supported me at my very beginning, especially Vicky (from VVNightingale), and Renata (from SpeakingBeauty UK). I would also like to thank the people who supported me during the existence of the former The Journeys of a Girl, especially Hannah (from TheDonkey Invasion), and Vera (from The Flash Window). And last, but obviously not least, I would like to thank those who have supported me throughout all those blog changes, especially M. (from The Life of Little Me), and Kathie (from A Sea Change).

… I owe you an explanation, of course, so here it is:

When I began my very first blog, I was in my first semester of college and my intention was to be a Beauty Blogger. That didn’t work, obviously. I was still trying to get accustomed to college, so that influenced my posting schedule (which was already inconsistent), and then there was also the fact that the Beauty area wasn’t really my thing. Eventually, I began to add some other topics to my feed and that just ended up making a mess of a blog.
Then, I created A Lazy Bookworm, which I used at the same time as Salha|Abuhayar, but this one was specifically for book reviews and quotes…  That only caused a massive lack of posts in S|A and an abundance of posts in ALB, so I decided to delete them both and create one new blog that was going to contain topics from both: The Journeys of a Girl.
In the former The Journeys of a Girl, I posted twice or thrice a week, and my posts were about different topics: Books, Films, Series, Traveling, etc.; all that I did by recycling the posts from the former blogs and writing brand new posts as well, so I had a lot of content… Well, all of that content was up on the blog, I was back in college for my second year, and I barely had time to come up with new ideas to post. I didn’t post for more than a month and, when I managed to post something, it was a mediocre post written in a hurry, so I became unhappy about this new blog.
So, I decided to redesign my blog completely. I didn’t delete it because I really like the Blog Title, I just deleted all the posts and now I’m ready to start afresh.

And that’s my blogging story…

Some of you might be thinking: “And how do you know that you’re not going to become unhappy again and delete it all over? HOW CAN WE TRUST YOU THIS TIME!?”

Here’s my vow *raises right hand*:

"I solemnly swear that I’m going to keep this blog functioning for AT LEAST a full, uninterrupted year. I’m sure I’ll manage this mischief this time!"

Again, you’re very welcome to the new The Journeys of a Girl, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Lots of Love,


- Salha -

6 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I really love the new design, especially the touch of gold! I think we all go on a yoyo journey in blogging where we try and work out what our blog is for.

    Thank-you for mentioning me in your thanks, too! I really love your blog: it is so creative, interesting and your writing style is very engaging!

    TheDonkeyInvasion - A Bookish Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for all the support! And I'm glad you like the new design :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome back again, Salha! You'll do great :)
    Love reading your blog and can't wait to read and know much more from you :D

    -Kathie K
    A Sea Change

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back to blogging! Would you be writing completely fresh posts? There were a few of your old posts that I really enjoyed (mostly the book/movie reviews). Looking forward to your next posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yes, I'll be writing fresh posts, but I will also repost some of the old ones (book/movie reviews included).
      Is there any post(s) in particular that you would like to see in the blog again? Just let me know, and I'll make sure to repost them :)

      Delete